- Name: SANTA MARIA MANUELA
- Class: A
- Nationality: Portugal
- Year built: 1937
- Home port: Lisbon
- Rig: Gaff Schooner 4
- Height: 34.47 m
- Length of hull: 62.64 m
- Entered by: Recheio Cash & Carry S.A.
- Areas of operation: Northern Europe, Baltic, Skagerrak/Kattegat, North Sea, Mediterranean, Atlantic/Caribbean, Arctic
- Number of trainees: 44
- Number of permanent crew: 24
- Berth types: Bunks, Cabins, Mixed
- Showers: Yes
- Operational language(s) on board: Portuguese
- Other language(s) spoken on board: English
- Special diets catered for: Yes
- Special needs catered for: Yes
- Blue Flag Member: Yes
Tall ship races and regattas
“SANTA MARIA MANUELA” (SMM) is a four masted gaff schooner initially launched in 1937, built by Companhia Uniao Fabril, in Lisbon. She began operating in cod fishing being one of the most beautiful vessels of the so famous Portuguese White Fleet. In 1993, due to obsolescence, she was abated to the fishing fleet, being partially demolished, except the hull that was preserved. Between 2007 and 2010 the ship was rebuilt by fishing group Pascoal and subsequently was taken over by Recheio Cash & Carry, part of the Jeronimo Martins Group.
The farsighted vision of the current owners has created a culture of sail training, expedition, exploration and team development aboard the Santa Maria Manuela. Guest trainees are welcomed aboard as members of the sailing crew and given every opportunity to get personally involved in the sailing of the ship.