- Name: PALINURO
- Class: A
- Nationality: Italy
- Year built: 1934
- Home port: La Spezia, Italy
- Rig: Barquentine
- Height: 18.1691279723829 m
- Length of hull: 25.319735961514 m
- Entered by: Italian Navy
Palinuro was launched in 1934 at Nantes, France and christened The Commandant Louis Richard. She originally had three masts with fore and aft sails and plied her trade across the Atlantic Ocean between France and North America. She was put up for sale in 1950 and purchased by the Italian Navy.
Radical rebuilding in the Navy dockyard of La Spezia transformed the vessel into a training ship. She was commissioned on 16 July 1955 and since then has been used for training apprentice petty officers and volunteers of the Training College for Petty Officers of the Italian Navy. Palinuro is a barquentine and her three masts carry up to 1000m of sail.
Since 1996, Palinuro has taken part in the Tall Ships Races as part of her training programme and has achieved some notable results. The ship’s motto is Faventibus Ventis, which means ‘favourable winds to follow the vessel and the crew in the course of her duty’.