- Name: BLACK DIAMOND OF DURHAM
- Class: C
- Nationality: UK
- Year built: 1972
- Home port: Hartlepool, UK
- Rig: Bm Sloop
- Height: 16.43 m
- Length of hull: 13.50 m
- Entered by: Sailing North East
- Areas of operation: Northern Europe, Baltic, Skagerrak/Kattegat, North Sea
- Number of trainees: 8
- Number of permanent crew: 2
- Berth types: Bunks, Single, Mixed
- Operational language(s) on board: English
- Special diets catered for: Yes
- Blue Flag Member: Yes
Tall ship races and regattas
Black Diamond of Durham was commissioned in 1972 for her original owner, Lt Cdr Lewis RN, who fitted her out to his own specification and raced her on the south coast.
In the early 1990’s, Black Diamond was purchased by the Faramir Trust who stripped and refitted her for sail training. She was used in the North East of England for sail training, offering a sailing experience to young people from a disadvantaged background. Black Diamond has not missed a Tall Ships’ Race since then.
Purchased by Sailing North East in 1999, she has been refitted again for a different type of client – Corporate Entertainment and Teambuilding along with normal sail training.
Black Diamond is well known on the North East Coast again and, along with The Tall Ships’ Races, often visits Norway, Germany and Holland.