Sail Training International is delighted to invite sail training vessels intending to take part in Race One of the Tall Ships Races 2020 (Lisbon – Cadiz) to apply for a Sail Training Bursary…
The bursary is aimed at enabling young people aged between 15 and 25 years to take part in Race One of the Tall Ships Races 2020, taking place from 2nd-5th July (Lisbon) – 9th-12th July (Cadiz) 2020.
In order to qualify for the bursary, vessels should fulfil the following criteria:
- The vessel must complete and submit an entry form to take part in Race One of TSR2020
- The vessel must be an approved sail training vessel
- The vessel must have trainees on board during Race One, 50% of which must be aged between 15 and 25 years old
- The vessel will use the bursary funding to encourage young trainees to take part who wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to take part in a sail training experience
- The vessel will show commitment to promoting international friendship and understanding
In order to apply to for the bursary, vessels should submit their application in writing outlining how they fulfil the above criteria.
The maximum bursary per vessel is €5,000 and the maximum per trainee place available is €250.
The bursary is open to all vessels participating in Race One of the Tall Ships Races 2020 who fulfil the above criteria. This is a limited fund and bursaries will be awarded at the discretion of Tall Ships Races International Ltd.
Written applications and requests for further information should be submitted to Vanessa Mori, Commercial Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15th August 2019.