Win a once in a lifetime opportunity to sail in the world famous Tall Ships Races 2018 and be part of Europe’s largest free family festival this summer in the UK, Denmark, Norway and The Netherlands.
You could find yourself sailing on one of the original Tall Ships, elegant Class A Santa Maria Manuela launched in 1937. Or, if speed is your thing then look no further than our Finnish sail training vessels – super fast schooner Helena, or Vahine the first vessel to win the famous Whitbread Round the World Race.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
OPEN TO ANYONE AGED 16-25 YEARS OLD
Three opportunities to win …
For more information about The Tall Ships Races 2018, the dates, the vessels and the port festivals visit our dedicated event page.
WHAT WILL I DO ON BOARD?
Every vessel is different and every experience will be too! You don’t have to be an experienced sailor, but by the end you’ll be on your way to becoming one. Your experience might include learning how to climb the mast, set sails, ring the ship’s bell and steer the ship. You might also get involved in cooking, cleaning and general life on board as crew member.
You’ll make friends with other young people from around the world and will probably do things you’ve never done before in daily life.
Lots more information about life on board, what to expect, what to pack and more can be found on our Life on Board pages.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To be in with a chance of winning one of these incredible opportunities simply LIKE the Sail Training International Facebook page, find this post and tell us why you’d like to win!
The competition closes at 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 10 June. The best three answers will be selected by our team of judges, announced on the Sail Training International Facebook page and winners will be given the opportunity to choose their voyage on a first come, first served basis from Monday 11 June. Winners will then be put in direct contact with the vessel to make their individual voyage arrangements.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is administered by Tall Ships Races International Ltd (TSRIL).
- Entrants to the competition will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize draw is open to young people aged 16 – 25 years old, from around the world, with a current and valid passport.
- No payment is required to TSRIL to enter the competition.
- Winners will be required to arrange and pay for their own travel to and from the Host Ports they will be sailing from and to.
- Winners will be required to follow and adhere to any relevant VISA requirements required for travel to the Tall Ships Races Host Port countries.
- The closing date of the competition is 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 10 June 2018.
- Following the close of the competition, three winners shall be chosen from a panel of judges appointed by TSRIL.
- To successfully redeem their prize, entrants must be available to take part in one of the three winning opportunities.
- Winners will be notified on Monday 11 June 2018 and required to confirm their acceptance by 23:59 (BST) on Friday 15 June 2018.
- Should a winner not be able to take part on their winning voyage, their prize will be forfeited and TSRIL shall be entitled to select another winner from the remaining competition entrants.
- Berths won are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash or other alternatives.
- Competition winners may not attempt to sell their berth. Only named winning entrants shall be eligible to sail on their designated race leg.
- TSRIL accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, disappointment or consequential loss incurred or suffered as a result of entering this competition or taking part in The Tall Ships Races 2018.
- TSRIL reserves the right to at any time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice for any reason.
- TSRIL shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside of its reasonable control. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, weather conditions, natural disaster, hurricane, strike, wars, political unrest and any other unforeseen occurrences.
- Any decisions of TSRIL during the process of, and relating to, this competition are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Winners agree to take part in a publicity in relation to them winning the competition and assent to TSRIL holding any personal information as provided.
- Winners assent to STI holding and using their personal information as provided.