A fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a small and motivated staff team and to become part of the world of sail training as we are looking to recruit a Commercial Assistant.
Sail Training International is a UK registered International Charity whose main mission is youth development and the fostering of international friendship and understanding through the sail training experience. Each year, we organise The Tall Ships Races and Regattas, attracting vessels from all over the world and creating opportunities for young people to have the experience of a lifetime by taking part in a voyage on board a tall ship.
We are small permanent and highly motivated staff team, which works closely together, and rely on the support of a team of volunteers from all over the world who make it possible for us to achieve our mission and deliver our Events.
The Commercial Assistant will be a key member of the staff team, reporting to the Commercial Director.
In supporting the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will have a varied role and play an important part in all of our stakeholder relationships.
In particular, the Commercial Assistant will work with our host cities; being involved right from the start of the acquisition process, through to the bidding process, contract negotiations, and the preparation and delivery of the Tall Ships Races and Regattas.
Whilst the role will have a high administrative content, there will also be the opportunity for development and growth.
The ideal candidate will
- Be educated to degree level
- Be passionate about youth development and international relations
- Have previous commercial experience gained in either a sales, account management or events role
- Have excellent communication and people skills
- Enjoy negotiating and presenting
- Be willing and able to travel: the role involves frequent travel, and you will need to be prepared to be away from home during the Events, mainly in the summer, as well as taking part in port planning visits throughout the year and attending our annual conference
- Have excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Have strong IT skills
- Be a good team player and happy to help out other members of the team as required
- Have an interest in working in an international environment
- Be committed to developing in the role
Desirable but not essential
- An interest in sailing and sail training
- A second language
- An understanding of marketing
Whilst we work standard office hours most of the time, during our Events all our staff are expected to work outside of these and over weekends as required.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Health Care
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
To apply for the role, find out more, please send your CV and covering letter to Vanessa Mori at Vanessa.Mori@sailtraininginternational.org by 30th January 2024.