The Sail Training International 2019 Annual Awards are open for nominations and we need your help to find the sail training stars of 2019…
Every year, we meet dedicated individuals from around the world who help young people through the sail training experience. Across thousands of voyages they provide the opportunity to take part in the adventure of a lifetime. With the International Sail Training and Tall Ships 2019 fast approaching on the horizon, it’s time to recognise these fantastic people for all their hard work at the Sail Training International Annual Awards.
Who made a splash in your sail training world? Who inspires trainees at sea? Who regularly demonstrates best practice? Who has made an extraordinary contribution to sail training in your country? We believe that these people should receive the recognition they deserve by winning an award.
“Each year we see some really inspirational sail training programmes going on during the Tall Ships Races & Regattas and outside of our events; and the many amazing individuals who deliver them.
“Our annual awards, presented at our conference each year, aim to recognise outstanding achievements in sail training. This is your chance to nominate an individual for one of the four personal categories.”
Paul Bishop, Head of Race Directorate
The deadline for nominations is 30 September 2019
WHO CAN APPLY?
- We welcome nominations from everyone – sail training organisations, individuals and National Sail Training Organisations
- You can nominate yourself or your own organisation
HOW DO I NOMINATE?
- Complete the nomination form and return it to Amanda Goodden at firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 September 2019
WHO DECIDES THE WINNERS?
- A Sail Training International Awards Committee will select the final winners
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
- SAIL TRAINING ORGANISATION OF THE YEAR
- SAIL TRAINER OF THE YEAR
- Volunteer SAIL TRAINER OF THE YEAR
Featured Image: Capt. Niels Kristensen collects the Sultan Qaboos Trophy, awarded to Skonnerten Jylland.