- Name: TENACIOUS
- Class: A
- Nationality: UK
- Year built: 2000
- Home port: Southampton
- Rig: Barque 3
- Height: 35.24 m
- Length of hull: 54.00 m
- Entered by: Jubilee Sailing Trust
- Areas of operation: Northern Europe, Black Sea, Mediterranean, Atlantic/Caribbean, North America East Coast, North America West Coast, Pacific, Australasia, Indian Ocean, Antarctica
- Number of trainees: 44
- Number of permanent crew: 9
- Berth types: Bunks, Cabins
- Showers: Yes
- Operational language(s) on board: English
- Special diets catered for: Yes
- Special needs catered for: Yes
- Blue Flag Member: Yes
Tall ship races and regattas
TENACIOUS is the largest wooden tall ship of her kind in the world. The innovative wood epoxy laminate build started in 1996 with a team made up of skilled designers, engineers, shipwrights and fitters. These were supplemented by a volunteer force of over 1500 able bodied and disabled people who came on working shorewatch holidays from all over the UK and abroad.
The ship has access throughout for disabled crew, including wheelchair users, with flat wide decks and powered lifts. There is a speaking compass for the use of blind crew members and bright track radar for partially sighted crew. An induction loop and vibrator alarms have been installed for hard of hearing crew members.
The Jubilee Sailing Trust has been in operation for over 25 years and in that time has taken over 25,000 people to sea including 10,000 people with physical disabilities and 5,000 wheelchair users.
TENACIOUS competed in the Tall Ships’ Race for the very first time in 2005 enjoyed considerable success finishing 2nd in Class A of the first race from Waterford and 4th in Class A of the Newcastle Gateshead to Fredrikstad race.