Tall Ships Regatta 2013
The Lycamobile Mediterranean Tall Ships Regatta 2013 offers content for every type of media outlet – print, digital and broadcast.
From hard news and sports coverage, to human interest features and colourful action spectacles. The magnificent Tall Ships fleet and popular port events provide a never-ending stream of film and photographic opportunities.
Stories and photo/film opportunities can include:
- Following the progress of a trainee, to see how the experience of sail training changes people lives. Following trainees, from a range of nationalities and backgrounds for before, during and after life stories.
- Photo and filming opportunities at sea aboard a press boat, during the Parade of Sail in each port and for official Race Starts in Barcelona and Toulon.
- Photo opportunities with trainees – from a gathering of all nationalities, to bursary and prize winners.
- The spectacle of thousands of trainees in fancy dress, parading the streets of a major city in the Crew Parade.
- Following Race Leg progress online via the Yellow Brick satellite tracking system and twice daily media reports.
- Take part in the ‘Lycamobile Mast Climb Challenge’ in ports – a unique competition prize, a great venue for radio interviews and unrivalled aerial views.
- Interviewing a country’s president, mayor, royalty, Race Chairman and often celebrities aboard the deck of a Tall Ship.
- A behind the scenes Tall Ship tour of the galley and living quarters, hearing about the ships history and more.
Each host port will establish a media centre for the duration of their event and will manage a media accreditation system. The media centre is the place to obtain more information about the ships, event, sail training in general and to arrange to speak to the Race Chairman, Race Director, Captains and trainees.
Due to the large numbers of interested media it is highly recommended to apply for accreditation ahead of the event.
Toulon: Christelle Guilhaumon - email@example.com
2013 Lycamobile Mediterranean Tall Ships Regatta
Telephone: +44 (0)7785 567487
Media berths: get on board
Many Tall Ships will offer a limited number of heavily discounted berth spaces to accommodate media onboard during a race leg.
Media berths give journalists a fantastic and unrivalled opportunity to experience a Tall Ships Race first hand, learn about daily life on board, get closer to the trainee human interest stories and feed back reports as the race excitement unfolds.
To arrange a berth place call +0044 (0)7785 567487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Video and photography resources
Our high impact photography and video really grabs attention. If you are looking for a particular image; broadcast or digital quality video clip call +44(0)23 9258 6367 or email email@example.com
Each host port will organise a limited number of press boats to take photographers and film crews out to sea during the Parade of Sail and for Race Starts.
If you are interested in booking a place on a press boat you will need to register your interest either through the host ports media accreditation system or in the media centre during the event.