SCF Black Sea
Tall Ships Regatta 2014
Organised by Sail Training International
The SCF Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta 2014 offers content for every type of media outlet – print, digital and broadcast. From hard news and sports coverage, to human interest features and colourful action spectacles.
- unique and spectacular video and photo opportunities
- opportunities to sail on a Tall Ship for part of the Regatta
- unusual interview and story opportunities
- a chance to follow race progress online via on board satellite tracking system ‘Yellow Brick’ and daily media reports
Video and photography resources
The magnificent Tall Ships fleet and popular port events provide a never-ending stream of film and photographic opportunities. If you are looking for a particular image before the event call +44(0)23 9258 6367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The media centres in each port can provide photo and video materials in different formats.
If you need any additional information please send your requests to: email@example.com
Media berths: get on board
Several Tall Ships in the fleet will offer a limited number of discounted berth spaces to accommodate media onboard during the races and cruise in company.
Media berths give journalists a fantastic and unrivalled opportunity to experience a Tall Ships Race first hand, learn about daily life on board, get closer to the trainee human interest stories and feed back reports as the race excitement unfolds.
To arrange a berth place contact:
Sally Titmus, Communications and Marketing Manager,
Gosport, Hampshire, UK
Office number: +44 (0)23 9258 6367
Mobile: +44 (0)7827 298 733
Stories and photo/film opportunities
- Follow the progress of trainees from a range of nationalities and backgrounds, to see how the experience of sail training changes people lives.
- Photo and filming opportunities at sea aboard a press boat, during the Parade of Sail in each port and for official race starts in Varna and Sochi.
- Watch Tall Ship crews assemble in fancy dress and march in a colourful Crew Parade
- Photo opportunities with trainee representatives of all nationalities
- Interviews and photo opportunities with bursary winners and prize winners in each port
- Join in a ‘press tour’ of the vessels to hear about their history and interview Captain’s
- Enjoy a behind the scenes Tall Ship tour of the ship galleys and living quarters
- Follow Race Leg progress online via the Yellow Brick satellite tracking system and twice daily media reports.
- Take part in a mast climb in ports - a unique venue for radio interviews and unrivalled aerial views; or the experience as a unique competition prize
- Interview local country representatives, the STI Race Director or Chairman, and often celebrities aboard the deck of a Tall Ship.
Each host port will organise a limited number of press boats to take photographers and film crews out to sea during the Parade of Sail and for the race starts in Varna and Sochi.
If you are interested in booking a place on a press boat you will need to register your interest either through the host ports media accreditation system or in the media centre during the event.
Each host port will establish a media centre for the duration of their event and will manage a media accreditation system. The media centre is the place to obtain more information about the ships, event, sail training in general and to arrange to speak to the Race Chairman, Race Director, captains and trainees.
Due to the large numbers of interested media it is highly recommended to apply for accreditation ahead of the event.
Varna, Bulgaria (to follow)
Constanta, Romania (to follow)
The best use of social media award
A new award will be presented by Sail Training International in the final port – Constanta, Romania – for 'The best use of social media'.
It will be awarded to the vessel which has best used social media to record, inform and entertain non sailors about their SCF Black Sea Regatta experiences.
Submissions can be any combination of blogs, Facebook posts, tweets, videos or photos et al – taken during The SCF Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta and posted online when in port. Entries as links or original content can be submitted to Sail Training International in port at Varna, Novorossiysk, Sochi or Constanta. Entries will be judged on content, originality, humour and creativity.
Multiple entries are permitted and can be emailed, or submitted on a USB stick or CD/DVD. Entries will be used for publicity purposes. Deadline for last submission 1400, Saturday 24 May.
Each entry should include a named individual with contact email/mobile number and name of vessel.
Please submit your entries to the STI race office in port, or directly to: